Ally is seeking an energetic, competitive, and detail-oriented LTL Specialist who is ready to support the development of our LTL Department. This role will work under the direction of our LTL Team Lead and will have frequent collaboration with our sales team and customers as we look to convert more LTL opportunities. The right candidate will leverage their industry experience and great communication skills to become a subject matter expert on LTL to the greater team.
The Ally Logistics team is committed to hustling each day, because #HUSTLE means something more here. Our mission as a company is To Move Freight, Better. This mission bleeds into everything we do, as we are continually on a quest for better - better service, better communication, better culture, better technology, better growth. We’re striving to be better for ourselves so we can continue to be better for our customers, carriers, employees, and community.
Ally Logistics has been ranked for the third year in a row on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing companies, ranking #4 in Michigan and #1 in the Grand Rapids metro for 2021. We’re also one of Crain’s Cool Places to Work and one of the Best & Brightest® Employers. It’s no wonder we have a 93% retention rate - our team really does love working here.
KEY ATTRIBUTES FOR SUCCESS:
- High level of self motivation. This is not just another job that requires you to be “self-motivated.” Success in their role requires an active and confident pursuit at all times.
- Healthy sense of competition. We need you to be able to quickly bounce back from rejection with a positive attitude, and to constantly be pushing for that win.
- #HUSTLE mentality. #HUSTLE means something different at Ally. Click here to learn more about our company culture.
- Natural problem-solver. A lot of your day-to-day tasks will involve problem-solving, so we need someone who can identify those problems with confidence before they even arise.
- Diligence. We’re looking for team members who are whole-heartedly committed to maintaining high levels of customer service and meeting team goals regularly. There will be difficult seasons, and we need to know you can handle them.
- Confidence. Nobody’s perfect. But we need to know you are confident in your ability to overcome obstacles and use rejections as a motivation to keep going.
- Organization. This is a fast-paced industry and no two days are alike. We need to know you can stay on top of your tasks in order to achieve your goals.
- Relationship-oriented. We focus on building relationships with our customers, not just completing a transaction.
- Resourceful. We’re looking for someone who is confident enough to hit the ground running and use their resources wisely.
JOB DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide support and help manage all Less-Than-Truckload business that runs through the organization
- Over time support the buildout and ongoing management of LTL carrier network
- Internally market LTL within the organization to maximize conversions
- Work alongside current sales reps on how to effectively sell LTL services to our growing customer base
- Participate in customer sales presentation alongside our sales team with a specific-focus on LTL services
- Assist in delivery of LTL training
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Compensation includes a competitive base salary plus incentives
- Health / Dental / Vision Insurance Plans
- 401K Plan w/ 4% Employer Match
- Life Insurance Plan (100% employer paid)
- PTO Plan (3 weeks PTO for new employees, grows with tenure)
- 6 paid holidays
- Paid Maternity (3 months) and paternity leave
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- In-office gym complete with strength equipment, cardio machines, and pelotons
- Fully-stocked beverage cooler and espresso machine
- Various team activities and events throughout the year
A successful candidate must possess the following traits/skills:
- 2+ years freight brokerage experience preferred
- 1+ years in an LTL focused role preferred
- Basic understanding of freight classes and the NMFC System preferred
- Ability to develop and maintain customer and carrier relationships
- Detail-oriented with a passion for assisting others
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Alignment with Ally’s #HUSTLE values
- A go-getter and self-starter
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A highly confident, yet humble, personality
- Must thrive in a fast-paced and high-energy environment
- Must be a problem-solver, seeking to find solutions before problems even arise
A cover letter is highly recommended, even if it's brief. Tell us why you are a fit.
Signing a non-compete agreement is NOT a pre-requisite for employment. However, we do require a non-solicit and confidentiality agreement.