Our Finance team is looking for a detail oriented and motivated student looking to learn and grow through gaining real world experience in corporate accounting. This individual will be responsible for assisting with preparing financial reports along with maintaining accurate and complete financial records. We are asking for up to 40 hours a week during the summer of 2023. This will be a paid internship!
The Ally Logistics team is committed to hustling each day, because #HUSTLE means something more here. Our mission as a company is To Move Freight, Better. This mission bleeds into everything we do, as we are continually on a quest for better - better service, better communication, better culture, better technology, better growth. Click here to learn more about what it’s like to work at Ally Logistics.
KEY ATTRIBUTES FOR SUCCESS:
- HUMBLE: Confidence is key, but so is humility. Our #HUSTLE values say it all.
- HUNGRY: A healthy sense of competition is a necessity here. We’re seeking individuals who are striving for both professional and financial success, and who are seeking any and all opportunities for growth.
- SMART: We’re looking for individuals who are resourceful and organized problem-solvers, diving head first into problems rather than straying away from them.
JOB DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Shadowing members of the Accounting department as they perform their duties
- Assisting with research, filing, data entry, and recording and maintaining accurate and complete financial records
- Assisting with Accounts Payable for carriers and vendors, escalating any issues
- Assisting with Cash Application, and assisting Accounts Receivable to ensure timely payment from customers
- Working with bookkeeping software
- Handling sensitive or confidential information with honesty and integrity
- Learning how to work as part of the Accounting team to compile and analyze data, track information, and support the company or clients
- Taking on additional tasks or projects to learn more about accounting and office operations
Full-Time Internship: 40Hrs/Week
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- In-office gym complete with strength equipment, cardio machines, and pelotons
- Fully-stocked beverage cooler and espresso machine
- Various team activities and events throughout the year
A successful candidate must possess the following traits/skills:
- Accounting or Finance Major
- Completion (or In Progress) of intermediate accounting courses
- Junior or Senior status preferred
- Alignment with Ally’s #HUSTLE values
- A go-getter and self-starter
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A highly confident, yet humble, personality
- Must thrive in a fast-paced and high-energy environment
- Must be a problem-solver, seeking to find solutions before problems even arise
ACCOLADES & INDUSTRY AFFILIATIONS:
- One of the Inc. 5000 fastest-growing companies four years running
- One of West Michigan’s Best and Brightest Employers
- Member of Women in Transportation
A cover letter is highly recommended, even if it's brief. Tell us why you are a fit.
This is not a remote position
Signing a non-compete agreement is NOT a pre-requisite for employment. However, we do require a non-solicit and confidentiality agreement.