Our Sales Team is looking for an energetic and competitive Entry Level Sales Representative who is willing to go the extra mile for their customers.
Entry Level Sales Representatives at Ally leverage the network of carriers built and fostered by our Operations Team to bring cost-effective strategies and elevated service to their customers' shipping and receiving departments.
The Ally Logistics team is committed to hustling each day, because #HUSTLE means something more here. Our mission as a company is To Move Freight, Better. This mission bleeds into everything we do, as we are continually on a quest for better - better service, better communication, better culture, better technology, better growth. We’re striving to be better for ourselves so we can continue to be better for our customers, carriers, employees, and community.
Ally Logistics has been ranked for the third year in a row on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing companies, ranking #4 in Michigan and #1 in the Grand Rapids metro for 2021. We’re also one of Crain’s Cool Places to Work and one of the Best & Brightest® Employers. It’s no wonder we have a 93% retention rate - our team really does love working here.
KEY ATTRIBUTES FOR SUCCESS:
- High level of self motivation. This is not just another job that requires you to be “self-motivated.” Success in their role requires an active and confident pursuit at all times.
- Healthy sense of competition. We need you to be able to quickly bounce back from rejection with a positive attitude, and to constantly be pushing for that win.
- #HUSTLE mentality. #HUSTLE means something different at Ally. Click here to learn more about our company culture.
- Diligence. We’re looking for team members who are whole-heartedly committed to maintaining high levels of customer service and meeting team goals regularly. There will be difficult seasons, and we need to know you can handle them.
- Confidence. Nobody’s perfect. But we need to know you are confident in your ability to overcome obstacles and use rejections as a motivation to keep going.
- Organization. This is a fast-paced industry and no two days are alike. We need to know you can stay on top of your tasks in order to achieve your goals.
- Relationship-oriented. We focus on building relationships with our customers, not just completing a transaction.
- Resourceful. We’re looking for someone who is confident enough to hit the ground running and use their resources wisely.
- Financially-motivated. A career in sales at Ally Logistics offers unlimited income opportunities, if you have the #HUSTLE to get there. We’re looking for someone that considers financial success a key goal in their career.
JOB DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Acquire customers via high-volume cold calling, email prospecting, social networking, referrals, etc. We assist in providing leads (no territories- available market is virtually unlimited, anyone who ships in the US)
- Collaborate with our Operations department to service customer needs
- Build and maintain strong relationships with your customers
- Providing quotes and negotiating rates with customers
- Communicating thoroughly and proactively throughout the shipment process
- Assembling and coaching your support team as your book of business grows
All Entry Level Sales Representatives will earn a base salary + uncapped commissions. Additionally, our unique compensation plan includes a tiered base salary that increases as your book of business grows.
Realistic first-year income expectations:
1st year: $45,000 - $80,000
2nd year: $75,000 - $150,000
Guaranteed Minimum First Year Income - $45,000
- Health Insurance Plan
- Dental Insurance Plan
- Vision Insurance Plan
- 401K Plan w/ Employer Match
- Life Insurance Plan (100% employer paid)
- PTO Plan (3 weeks PTO for new employees)
- 6 paid holidays
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Comprehensive training program to set you up for success
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- In-office gym complete with strength equipment, cardio machines, and pelotons
- Fully-stocked beverage cooler and espresso machine
- Various team activities and events throughout the year
A successful candidate must possess the following traits/skills-
- Previous experience and success in a sales position preferred
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Alignment with Ally’s #HUSTLE values
- A go-getter and self-starter
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A highly confident, yet humble, personality
- Must thrive in a fast-paced and high-energy environment
- Ability to bounce back quickly from repeated rejection over the phone and email
- Must be a problem-solver, seeking to find solutions before problems even arise
A cover letter is highly recommended, even if it's brief. Tell us why you are a fit.