Our Employee Experience team is looking for an energetic, outgoing Recruiter/Brand Ambassador to champion all aspects of recruiting along with building brand awareness to our organization. This role requires frequent collaboration with the Director of Employee Experience as well as our Marketing Department to develop a successful pipeline of candidates for hiring needs, as well as developing a presence among West Michigan college campuses to showcase the Ally brand. The right individual will have a self-starter mentality while thriving in a fast paced environment as they support brand advocacy and recruiting needs for the organization. To us, culture fit is everything, and we look forward to finding someone who emulates our values and who can easily identify these same traits in others.
The Ally Logistics team is committed to hustling each day, because #HUSTLE means something more here. Our mission as a company is To Move Freight, Better. This mission bleeds into everything we do, as we are continually on a quest for better - better service, better communication, better culture, better technology, better growth. We’re striving to be better for ourselves so we can continue to be better for our customers, carriers, employees, and community.
Ally Logistics has been ranked for the third year in a row on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing companies, ranking #4 in Michigan and #1 in the Grand Rapids metro for 2021. We’re also one of Crain’s Cool Places to Work and one of the Best & Brightest® Employers. It’s no wonder we have a 93% retention rate - our team really does love working here.
KEY ATTRIBUTES FOR SUCCESS:
- High level of self motivation. This is not just another job that requires you to be “self-motivated.” Success in their role requires an active and confident pursuit at all times.
- Healthy sense of competition. We need you to be able to quickly bounce back from adversity with a positive attitude, and to constantly be pushing to help us win
- #HUSTLE mentality. #HUSTLE means something different at Ally. Click here to learn more about our company culture.
- Natural problem-solver. A lot of your day-to-day tasks will involve problem-solving, so we need someone who can identify those problems with confidence before they even arise.
- Diligence. We’re looking for team members who are whole-heartedly committed to maintaining high levels of customer service and meeting team goals regularly. There will be difficult seasons, and we need to know you can handle them.
- Confidence. Nobody’s perfect. But we need to know you are confident in your ability to overcome obstacles and represent our brand well.
- Organization. This is a fast-paced industry and no two days are alike. We need to know you can stay on top of your tasks in order to support company goals.
- Relationship-oriented. We’re people-focused and want to attract top talent, we don’t want to hire people just to hire, and finding the right people begins with building relationships quickly.
- Resourceful. We’re looking for someone who is confident enough to hit the ground running and use their resources wisely.
JOB DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Spearhead recruitment for sales, customer service, operations, and other specialized roles as they arise
- Recruit qualified applicants through resume screening, job boards, social media, LinkedIn, Indeed and other platforms
- Builds applicant pipelines by contacting and attending (in person or virtual) college campus, career centers, career fairs, etc.
- Develop a pipeline of potential candidates through sourcing, advertising and other creative means
- Collaborate with Director of Employee Experience to identify recruitment needs and execute recruitment strategies to achieve required staffing
- Conducts pre-employment screening, coordinates interviews, participates in on site interviews, solicits feedback and conducts assessments when applicable
- Spearhead campus initiatives to bring brand awareness to the organization
- Develop relationships with professors to enhance guest speaking opportunities
- Act as a brand ambassador representing Ally at a variety of external events (recruiting events, industry events, alongside sales reps as needed, etc.)
- Respecting current departmental initiatives and also brainstorming future initiatives
- Heavy collaboration with the marketing department
- Embody the Ally culture when presenting yourself
- May be required to deliver verbal and written contingent job offers to candidates
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment benefit laws and regulations
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Compensation includes a competitive salary
- Health Insurance Plan
- Dental Insurance Plan
- Vision Insurance Plan
- 401K Plan w/ Employer Match
- Life Insurance Plan (100% employer paid)
- PTO Plan (3 weeks PTO for new employees)
- 6 paid holidays
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Comprehensive training program to set you up for success
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- In-office gym complete with strength equipment, cardio machines, and pelotons
- Fully-stocked beverage cooler and espresso machine
- Various team activities and events throughout the year
A successful candidate must possess the following traits/skills:
- 2+ years recruiting experience required in a relevant industry environment
- Experience within online recruiting tools such as LinkedIn Recruiter, Indeed, etc.
- Experience with campus involvement and outreach preferred
- Familiarity using CRM and ATS for documentation
- Professionalism, organization and project management skills
- Proven leadership qualities (within athletics, academics, professional environment, etc.)
- Highly outgoing and thrives in a social environment
- Supports workplace diversity and inclusive recruiting practices
- Familiarity with relevant employment law
- Conflict management/resolution skills
- Alignment with Ally’s #HUSTLE values
- A go-getter and self-starter
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A highly confident, yet humble, personality
- Must thrive in a fast-paced and high-energy environment
- Must be a problem-solver, seeking to find solutions before problems even arise
A cover letter is required to be considered for this position. Tell us why you are a fit!