Ally has big ambitions and is seeking its next strategic hire - an energetic, competitive, and entrepreneurial-minded Open Deck Director who is ready to make their mark in the industry. The right candidate will leverage their industry experience in order to further develop and grow our Open Deck Department. This role requires frequent collaboration with our sales team and customers as we look to convert more flatbed opportunities. The right individual will be confident in their ability to develop and manage strong carrier relationships and ultimately, an Open Deck-focused team of their own.
The Ally Logistics team is committed to hustling each day, because #HUSTLE means something more here. Our mission as a company is To Move Freight, Better. This mission bleeds into everything we do, as we are continually on a quest for better - better service, better communication, better culture, better technology, better growth. We’re striving to be better for ourselves so we can continue to be better for our customers, carriers, employees, and community.
Ally Logistics has been ranked for the third year in a row on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing companies, ranking #4 in Michigan and #1 in the Grand Rapids metro for 2021. We’re also one of Crain’s Cool Places to Work and one of the Best & Brightest® Employers. It’s no wonder we have a 93% retention rate - our team really does love working here.
KEY ATTRIBUTES FOR SUCCESS:
- High level of self motivation. This is not just another job that requires you to be “self-motivated.” Success in their role requires an active and confident pursuit at all times.
- Healthy sense of competition. We need you to be able to quickly bounce back from rejection with a positive attitude, and to constantly be pushing for that win.
- #HUSTLE mentality. #HUSTLE means something different at Ally. Click here to learn more about our company culture.
- Diligence. We’re looking for team members who are whole-heartedly committed to maintaining high levels of customer service and meeting team goals regularly. There will be difficult seasons, and we need to know you can handle them.
- Confidence. Nobody’s perfect. But we need to know you are confident in your ability to overcome obstacles and use rejections as a motivation to keep going.
- Organization. This is a fast-paced industry and no two days are alike. We need to know you can stay on top of your tasks in order to achieve your goals.
- Relationship-oriented. We focus on building relationships with our customers, not just completing a transaction.
- Resourceful. We’re looking for someone who is confident enough to hit the ground running and use their resources wisely.
- Financially-motivated. A career in sales at Ally Logistics offers unlimited income opportunities, if you have the #HUSTLE to get there. We’re looking for someone that considers financial success a key goal in their career.
JOB DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Spearhead the development of the open deck department
- Oversee all open deck business that runs through the organization
- Build out open deck carrier network
- Work and train current sales reps with open deck
- Internally market open deck within the organization
- Assist in selling to open deck specific customers
- Help build and maintain a high-performance up-tempo and positive environment where coaching is commonplace
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Compensation includes a highly-competitive base salary with significant incentives based on departmental growth
- Health Insurance Plan
- Dental Insurance Plan
- Vision Insurance Plan
- 401K Plan w/ Employer Match
- Life Insurance Plan (100% employer paid)
- PTO Plan (3 weeks PTO for new employees)
- 6 paid holidays
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Comprehensive training program to set you up for success
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- In-office gym complete with strength equipment, cardio machines, and pelotons
- Fully-stocked beverage cooler and espresso machine
- Various team activities and events throughout the year
A successful candidate must possess the following traits/skills-
- In depth understanding of all types of open deck equipment (straight frame flatbed, step-deck, RGN, hot shot, etc.)
- Experience with relationship-driven approach to selling
- 3+ years freight brokerage experience
- 2+ years in an Open Deck focused role
- Experience leading a team
- Has a passion for training & coaching others
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Alignment with Ally’s #HUSTLE values
- A go-getter and self-starter
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A highly confident, yet humble, personality
- Must thrive in a fast-paced and high-energy environment
- Ability to bounce back quickly from repeated rejection over the phone and email
- Must be a problem-solver, seeking to find solutions before problems even arise
A cover letter is highly recommended, even if it's brief. Tell us why you are a fit.