As a Pricing Analyst, you will be a key player in the customer RFQ process for our team of Sales Representatives. On a day to day basis you will be working tirelessly over large Excel files, with the goal being to rip market share and win new lanes for the company. The Pricing Analyst will also play a role in assisting in the growth & development of our customer accounts through a high volume of bids annually. The ideal person in this role will thrive under deadlines, while performing heavy data analysis.
The Ally Logistics team is committed to hustling each day, because #HUSTLE means something more here. Our mission as a company is To Move Freight, Better. This mission bleeds into everything we do, as we are continually on a quest for better - better service, better communication, better culture, better technology, better growth. We’re striving to be better for ourselves so we can continue to be better for our customers, carriers, employees, and community.
Ally Logistics has been ranked for the third year in a row on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing companies, ranking #4 in Michigan and #1 in the Grand Rapids metro for 2021. We’re also one of Crain’s Cool Places to Work and one of the Best & Brightest® Employers. It’s no wonder we have a 93% retention rate - our team really does love working here.
KEY ATTRIBUTES FOR SUCCESS:
- High level of self motivation. This is not just another job that requires you to be “self-motivated.” Success in their role requires an active and confident pursuit at all times.
- #HUSTLE mentality. #HUSTLE means something different at Ally. Click here to learn more about our company culture.
- Natural problem-solver. A lot of your day-to-day tasks will involve problem-solving, so we need someone who can identify those problems with confidence before they even arise.
- Diligence. We’re looking for team members who are whole-heartedly committed to maintaining high levels of customer service and meeting team goals regularly. There will be difficult seasons, and we need to know you can handle them.
- Confidence. Nobody’s perfect. But we need to know you are confident in your ability to overcome obstacles and use rejections as a motivation to keep going.
- Organization. This is a fast-paced industry and no two days are alike. We need to know you can stay on top of your tasks in order to achieve your goals.
- Relationship-oriented. We focus on building relationships with our customers, not just completing a transaction.
- Resourceful. We’re looking for someone who is confident enough to hit the ground running and use their resources wisely.
JOB DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the growth and development of the books of business for Sales Representatives by working collaboratively with Pricing Team Lead on annual RFQs, mini bids, and potential spot project opportunities.
- Work closely with sales personnel to develop and implement competitive pricing strategies for each bid we are invited to.
- Analyze customer response to lane rates
- Determine more effective ways to win lanes and gain market share
- Assist bid strategy meetings for all bids
- Review and actively track bid due dates
- Document each strategy; along with the bid to be reviewed year or year
- Determine where carrier sales can step into an opportunity
- Document and track all lost bid opportunities for review
- Assist in the management of digital freight space at Ally Logistics in helping setup and managing API connections, AVRL RPA BOTs, etc.
- Develop and train on pricing tools
- Develop and research pricing tools that are used throughout the company to create a quicker response to the changing market needs/trends.
- Implement new tools to enhance sales volume and conversion rates
- Streamline the analysis process and provide more immediate information about competitor and industry prices
- Train sales reps and customer ops personnel on pricing protocol
- Train on the value and benefit of using company tools and resources for pricing needs
- Ensure proper adoption of new tools rolled out by sales leadership
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Compensation includes a competitive salary
- Health Insurance Plan
- Dental Insurance Plan
- Vision Insurance Plan
- 401K Plan w/ Employer Match
- Life Insurance Plan (100% employer paid)
- PTO Plan (3 weeks PTO for new employees)
- 6 paid holidays
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Comprehensive training program to set you up for success
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- In-office gym complete with strength equipment, cardio machines, and pelotons
- Fully-stocked beverage cooler and espresso machine
- Various team activities and events throughout the year
A successful candidate must possess the following traits/skills-
- 3PL experience preferred
- Extensive knowledge of Excel
- Performs exceptional under tight deadlines
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Alignment with Ally’s #HUSTLE values
- A go-getter and self-starter
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Very detail-oriented
- Must be able to handle a fast-paced, high pressure environment
- Must be a problem-solver, seeking to find solutions before problems even arise
A cover letter is highly recommended, even if it's brief. Tell us why you are a fit.