Our Carrier Sales Team is looking for an energetic and competitive Carrier Sales Specialist who is willing to go the extra mile for their customers. The Carrier Sales Specialist will be an integral asset to both Carrier and Customer sales teams. Tasked with sourcing and developing strong relationships with freight carriers across the United States, The Carrier Sales Specialist will help serve our customers by strategically connecting carriers with Ally's growing customer base.
The Ally Logistics team is committed to hustling each day, because #HUSTLE means something more here. Our mission as a company is To Move Freight, Better. This mission bleeds into everything we do, as we are continually on a quest for better - better service, better communication, better culture, better technology, better growth. We’re striving to be better for ourselves so we can continue to be better for our customers, carriers, employees, and community.
Ally Logistics has been ranked for the third year in a row on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing companies, ranking #4 in Michigan and #1 in the Grand Rapids metro for 2021. We’re also one of Crain’s Cool Places to Work and one of the Best & Brightest® Employers. It’s no wonder we have a 93% retention rate - our team really does love working here.
KEY ATTRIBUTES FOR SUCCESS:
- High level of self motivation. This is not just another job that requires you to be “self-motivated.” Success in their role requires an active and confident pursuit at all times.
- Healthy sense of competition. We need you to be able to quickly bounce back from rejection with a positive attitude, and to constantly be pushing for that win.
- #HUSTLE mentality. #HUSTLE means something different at Ally. Click here to learn more about our company culture.
- Natural problem-solver. A lot of your day-to-day tasks will involve problem-solving, so we need someone who can identify those problems with confidence before they even arise.
- Confidence. Nobody’s perfect. But we need to know you are confident in your ability to overcome obstacles and use rejections as a motivation to keep going.
- Organization. This is a fast-paced industry and no two days are alike. We need to know you can stay on top of your tasks in order to achieve your goals.
- Passion for growth. There are many opportunities for growth here at Ally. This is not just another job, it can be a career with many milestones along the way, if that’s what you make it.
- Relationship-oriented. We focus on building relationships with our customers and carriers, not just completing a transaction.
- Resourceful. We’re looking for someone who is confident enough to hit the ground running and use their resources wisely.
- Financially-motivated. A career in sales at Ally Logistics offers unlimited income opportunities, if you have the #HUSTLE to get there. We’re looking for someone that considers financial success a key goal in their career.
JOB DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Acquire and develop carrier relationships via high volume outreach (phone, email, networking events)
- Collaborate with our Customer Sales and Operations department to service needs
- Negotiate rates and volume commitments with carriers
- Obtaining shipment updates from contractors
- Communicate thoroughly and proactively throughout the shipment process
All Carrier Sales Specialists will earn a base salary + uncapped commissions.
Realistic first-year income expectations:
1st year: $50,000 - $80,000
- Health Insurance Plan
- Dental Insurance Plan
- Vision Insurance Plan
- 401K Plan w/ Employer Match
- Life Insurance Plan (100% employer paid)
- PTO Plan (3 weeks PTO for new employees)
- 6 paid holidays
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Comprehensive training program to set you up for success
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- In-office gym complete with strength equipment, cardio machines, and pelotons
- Fully-stocked beverage cooler and espresso machine
- Various team activities and events throughout the year
A successful candidate must possess the following traits/skills-
- Previous experience and success in a sales position preferred
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Alignment with Ally’s #HUSTLE values
- A go-getter and self-starter
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A highly confident, yet humble, personality
- Must thrive in a fast-paced and high-energy environment
- Must be a problem-solver, seeking to find solutions before problems even arise
A cover letter is highly recommended, even if it's brief. Tell us why you are a fit.