Ally is seeking a highly ambitious Financial Controller to oversee the financial infrastructure of our rapidly growing organization. This role requires frequent collaboration with leaders and financial teams across the organization. The right individual will be confident in their ability to manage a variety of financial projects, accounting operations and vendors simultaneously.
The Ally Logistics team is committed to hustling each day, because #HUSTLE means something more here. Our mission as a company is To Move Freight, Better. This mission bleeds into everything we do, as we are continually on a quest for better - better service, better communication, better culture, better technology, better growth. We’re striving to be better for ourselves so we can continue to be better for our customers, carriers, employees, and community.
Ally Logistics has been ranked for the third year in a row on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing companies, ranking #4 in Michigan and #1 in the Grand Rapids metro for 2021. We’re also one of Crain’s Cool Places to Work and one of the Best & Brightest® Employers. It’s no wonder we have a 93% retention rate - our team really does love working here.
KEY ATTRIBUTES FOR SUCCESS:
- High level of self motivation. This is not just another job that requires you to be “self-motivated.” Success in their role requires an active and confident pursuit at all times.
- #HUSTLE mentality. #HUSTLE means something different at Ally. Click here to learn more about our company culture.
- Natural problem-solver. A lot of your day-to-day tasks will involve problem-solving, so we need someone who can identify those problems with confidence before they even arise.
- Diligence. We’re looking for team members who are whole-heartedly committed to maintaining high levels of customer service and meeting team goals regularly. There will be difficult seasons, and we need to know you can handle them.
- Confidence. Nobody’s perfect. But we need to know you are confident in your ability to overcome obstacles and use rejections as a motivation to keep going.
- Organization. This is a fast-paced industry and no two days are alike. We need to know you can stay on top of your tasks in order to achieve your goals.
- Relationship-oriented. We focus on building relationships with our customers, not just completing a transaction.
- Resourceful. We’re looking for someone who is confident enough to hit the ground running and use their resources wisely.
JOB DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for maintaining accurate and up to date books (QuickBooks)
- Management of bank reporting requirements
- Oversight of Ally's finance department
- Responsible for the oversight of the accounts receivable (collections, insurance claims, etc.)
- Vendor relationship management
- Streamlining accounting functions and operations
- Expense oversight and process management within existing system
- Preparation of recurring and ad-hoc financial reports with analysis as needed
- Management of chart of accounts
- Creation and maintenance of detailed financial projections
- Analysis of upcoming capital needs, and development of capital allocation strategy
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining the organization's pristine credit profile
- Tax preparation and issuance of estimated payments
- Handling of credit escalations and account decisions
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Competitive salary
- Health Insurance Plan
- Dental Insurance Plan
- Vision Insurance Plan
- 401K Plan w/ Employer Match
- Life Insurance Plan (100% employer paid)
- PTO Plan (3 weeks PTO for new employees)
- 6 paid holidays
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- In-office gym complete with strength equipment, cardio machines, and pelotons
- Fully-stocked beverage cooler and espresso machine
- Various team activities and events throughout the year
A successful candidate must possess the following traits/skills:
- 5+ years experience minimum in a finance/accounting role
- 1+ year experience minimum in a finance/accounting management role
- CPA designation
- Strong leadership qualities
- Experience collaborating with sales personnel and team leads
- Bachelor’s Degree required (Master's preferred)
- Alignment with Ally’s #HUSTLE values
- A go-getter and self-starter
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A highly confident, yet humble, personality
- Must thrive in a fast-paced and high-energy environment
- Must be a problem-solver, seeking to find solutions before problems even arise
A cover letter is highly recommended, even if it's brief. Tell us why you are a fit.