Our team is looking for a motivated Customer Service Representative to go above and beyond for our customers. Customer Service Representatives are responsible for executing efficient building and scheduling of loads. This role requires thorough and professional communication to assist in maintaining and growing relationships with our customers while supporting sales representatives as needed.
The Ally Logistics team is committed to hustling each day, because #HUSTLE means something more here. Our mission as a company is To Move Freight, Better. This mission bleeds into everything we do, as we are continually on a quest for better - better service, better communication, better culture, better technology, better growth. We’re striving to be better for ourselves so we can continue to be better for our customers, carriers, employees, and community.
Ally Logistics has been ranked for the third year in a row on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing companies, ranking #4 in Michigan and #1 in the Grand Rapids metro for 2021. We’re also one of Crain’s Cool Places to Work and one of the Best & Brightest® Employers. It’s no wonder we have a 93% retention rate - our team really does love working here.
KEY ATTRIBUTES FOR SUCCESS:
- #HUSTLE mentality. #HUSTLE means something different at Ally. Click here to learn more about our company culture.
- Natural problem-solver. A lot of your day-to-day tasks will involve problem-solving, so we need someone who can identify those problems with confidence before they even arise.
- Diligence. We’re looking for team members who are whole-heartedly committed to maintaining high levels of customer service and meeting team goals regularly. There will be difficult seasons, and we need to know you can handle them.
- Confidence. Nobody’s perfect. But we need to know you are confident in your ability to overcome obstacles and keep going.
- Organization. This is a fast-paced industry and no two days are alike. We need to know you can stay on top of your tasks in order to achieve your goals.
- Relationship-oriented. We focus on building relationships with our customers, not just completing a transaction.
- Resourceful. We’re looking for someone who is confident enough to hit the ground running and use their resources wisely.
JOB DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Building customer freight load within TMS
- Load scheduling
- Providing shipment updates to sales team & directly to customers
- Professional communication with customers reflecting Ally brand and service philosophy
- High email volume
- Prioritize loads based on ship dates and equipment
- Communicate proactively with shippers and receivers to secure appointments
- Escalate all scheduling questions and concerns to internal team
- Reschedule loads when needed
- Proactive collaboration with account team to ensure customer success
- Health Insurance Plan
- Dental Insurance Plan
- Vision Insurance Plan
- 401K Plan w/ Employer Match
- Life Insurance Plan (100% employer paid)
- PTO Plan (3 weeks PTO for new employees)
- 6 paid holidays
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Comprehensive training program to set you up for success
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- In-office gym complete with strength equipment, cardio machines, and pelotons
- Fully-stocked beverage cooler and espresso machine
- Various team activities and events throughout the year
A successful candidate must possess the following traits/skills-
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Alignment with Ally’s #HUSTLE values
- A go-getter and self-starter
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A highly confident, yet humble, personality
- Must be comfortable in a fast-paced and high-energy environment
- Must be a problem-solver, seeking to find solutions before problems even arise
A cover letter is highly recommended, even if it's brief. Tell us why you are a fit.