Our Operations Team is looking for an energetic and competitive Operations Specialist who is willing to go the extra mile. Operations Specialists will collaborate with Carrier Sales and Customer Sales reps to bring cost-effective strategies and elevated service to our customers' shipping/receiving departments.
The Ally Logistics team is committed to hustling each day, because #HUSTLE means something more here. Our mission as a company is To Move Freight, Better. This mission bleeds into everything we do, as we are continually on a quest for better - better service, better communication, better culture, better technology, better growth. We’re striving to be better for ourselves so we can continue to be better for our customers, carriers, employees, and community.
Ally Logistics has been ranked for the third year in a row on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing companies, ranking #4 in Michigan and #1 in the Grand Rapids metro for 2021. We’re also one of Crain’s Cool Places to Work and one of the Best & Brightest® Employers. It’s no wonder we have a 93% retention rate - our team really does love working here.
KEY ATTRIBUTES FOR SUCCESS:
- Healthy sense of competition. Part of your role will be working to hit ongoing individual and team goals. We need to know that you have the drive to want to go above and beyond those goals, daily.
- #HUSTLE mentality. #HUSTLE means something different at Ally. Click here to learn more about our company culture.
- Natural problem-solver. A lot of your day-to-day tasks will involve problem-solving, so we need someone who can identify those problems with confidence before they even arise.
- Confidence. Nobody’s perfect. But we need to know you are confident in your decisions and are able to take initiative.
- Organization. This is a fast-paced industry and no two days are alike. We need to know you can stay on top of your tasks in order to achieve your goals.
- Passion for growth. There are many opportunities for growth here at Ally. This is not just another job, it can be a career with many milestones along the way, if that’s what you make it.
- Resourceful. We’re looking for someone who is confident enough to hit the ground running and use their resources wisely.
- Financially-motivated. A career at Ally Logistics offers unlimited income opportunities, if you have the #HUSTLE to get there. We’re looking for someone that considers financial success a key goal in their career.
JOB DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Obtaining shipment updates from contractors
- High volume phone and email outreach
- Negotiating rates with contractors (carrier sales)
- Providing updates and solutions to team members
- General Data Entry
- Development into Carrier Sales, Regional Dispatch Manager, or Customer Sales
- Health Insurance Plan
- Dental Insurance Plan
- Vision Insurance Plan
- 401K Plan w/ Employer Match
- Life Insurance Plan (100% employer paid)
- PTO Plan (3 weeks PTO for new employees)
- 6 paid holidays
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Comprehensive training program to set you up for success
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- In-office gym complete with strength equipment, cardio machines, and pelotons
- Fully-stocked beverage cooler and espresso machine
- Various team activities and events throughout the year
A successful candidate must possess the following traits/skills-
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Alignment with Ally’s #HUSTLE values
- A go-getter and self-starter
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A highly confident, yet humble, personality
- Must be comfortable in a fast-paced and high-energy environment
- Must be a problem-solver, seeking to find solutions before problems even arise
A cover letter is highly recommended, even if it's brief. Tell us why you are a fit.